Welcome!

My photo

Hello,

I'm Deborah. I'm a writer, currently seeking representation/publication for my YA Fantasy Fractured Princess

I love to play Final Fantasy games and Shattered Pixel Dungeon. I also enjoy the many ins and outs of music (I'm a chorus geek).

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Poem-A-Day #1 - Communication

I received my Weekly (Daily? Seems that way) Writer's Digest e-mail today and learned that the Poem-A-Day challenge started...two days ago.

WELL, I don't write poetry often--most of the time my poetry sucks--but I decided I would give it a try this year. The theme for Sunday was "Communication". So, here is my Poem Day 1.Also, as this is my very first blog entry, I think it says a lot about the sick and twisted little person that I am. Enjoy.

Hello? Are you there?
Nah, of course you're not.
You don't even know I exist.
And I have no clue where you are.

So when are we meeting?
Will it be that fateful Summer day
Where I finally decide to leave this house?
Be a beach crab, not a hermit?

Did you like that?
I bet you're laughing right now
And aren't sure why.
Tell those people to stop staring at you.

You're beautiful.
Whoever  you are.
I'm cute, so I think you'll notice me.
Was that conceited?

But I bet you like that.

No comments:

Post a Comment