Welcome!

My photo
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Ranting on O

Today's Letter: O!


I hate Old Navy. I don't mind the generic preppy clothing. I don't mind the extremely cheesy commercials. In fact, I love the mannequins. It's the smell. (I sound like Agent Smith.) I've only ever been in the Old Navy in my mall, but if clothes could go bad, they would smell like the smell in the store in my mall. It's a strong, nauseating smell of like moldy cardboard. I don't know where it comes from, but it always smells like that!

One Direction annoys me. They're completely flash in the pan, and girls go crazy over them. The moment Big Time Rush comes back on, no one will remember One Direction (well, they might, but you know what I mean). And whatever their newest single is, where two of them are on a motorcycle interacting the way David Bowie and Mick Jagger did in "Dancing in the Street", kills my spirit.

Olive oil is a little too versatile. I can cook with it and keep my hair moisturized. Should I be able to do both?

I briefly had a Pinterest dedicated to baby owls, but there are only so many that didn't creep me out.

Big O was a great anime that doesn't come on Cartoon Network anymore. I like dark/noir anime.

Olivia Benson is so caring (watching an SVU marathon).

Side note: This is my first post for the blogfest where I've decided to write my entry at night and schedule it next-day, so they'll be up earlier.

No comments: