Welcome!

My photo
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Tuesday, April 23, 2013

T is for Time

Time is something I have not had this month, and it's starting to irritate me.

With Easter at the end of March, I had a lot of play rehearsals and Saturday events to prepare for, so I knew I'd have a chance to rest come April. WRONG. Didn't even have a week's rest. None of my weekends have been free, and deciding on jumping into the A to Z Challenge the day of was a dumb idea. I won't be doing this again.

Time is very legato otherwise. Some days go by before I even realize they've happened, and others drag to the point where I hate the day. Some days even do both at once, and that makes no sense. The next holiday that I get to have off because I temp for a state department is Memorial Day, so I'm going to try to hold on until then. I don't get vacation pay, so I really have no choice.

No comments: