Welcome!

My photo
Deborah Hawkins, penned Debra Renée Byrd, began writing after a blank book project in elementary school and never stopped, fashioning stories based on her favorite TV shows and movies before creating more original works. She studied at the University of the Arts and Florida State University before settling down and graduating from Temple University. She now resides in her hometown of Dover, DE, where she spends most of her time at work or at church. She loves fantasies, superheroes, is a trekkie and a brown coat. She loves television and lives for Final Fantasy video games, having collected most of them. She has read a myriad of authors, and her favorite authors change whenever she finds a new book that changes her life... "When you can't run, you crawl. When you can't crawl...well, you know the rest." -Tracey, Firefly, "The Message"

Friday, April 26, 2013

W is for Wawa!


Today's Letter is W.

For those not part of the Eastern Shore or Orlando (I can't believe they finally got one in Florida!), Wawa is not a random sound I'm making to have a post for W. Wawa is Heaven. All of your basic food desires, coffee dreams, and snack wishes (and sometimes gas, if it's a new one) can be found in a Wawa. I'm sure each region has its own version, but NOTHING compares to a Wawa. They have hand- and pre-made subs, wraps and breakfast sandwiches, soup, sandwiches, quesadillas, frozen coffees, smoothies, salads, little fruit platters, ice cream for days, juice, soda, a milkshake machine, a cappuccino machine, a Slurpee-type machine...

THEY.

HAVE.

EVERYTHING.

And since Wednesday was Administrative Assistant Day, my Director gave me a $10 gift card to Wawa! I will be living like a queen for a day! Do you know how much I can get for $10?? Honestly, I don't either, because I never really keep track, but I think at least breakfast AND lunch with money left over. I'm very excited (probably psychotically so).

But I grew up with Wawa in my life, from tiny Yardley town to down here in Dover. When I was at FSU trying to figure out if I wanted to transfer home, these were the three things that made me make up my mind:

1. My family
2. Tallahassee is really just an awful place
3. No Wawa

I kid you not.

No comments: